The Top 5 Questions
As you might imagine, lots of people have questions about covid-19 these days! Here are the 5 most common questions we're answering. To learn more, please check About the Event, take a look at some FAQ, or Contact us directly.
1. Is CNOY canceled or postponed?
No way! The Coldest Night of the Year will happen on Saturday, February 26, 2022. Circle that date!
2. Is there a virtual option for CNOY this year?
- Locations: If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that things can change quickly. Covid-related health risks and operational challenges may not permit us to assemble in large groups this year, so if restrictions are in place, we will gather together safely, self-organize in smaller, covid-friendly teams, or walk individually as permitted by provincial law. Check your location page for the most up-to-date information on event details.
- Individuals: Participants can choose the virtual option regardless of whether their location is hosting an in-person event or not. A virtual participant self-organizes (individually or in a team bubble), selecting their own safe walk route at a time that is convenient for them.
3. What do I do with cash or cheques?
There will be no cash or cheque collection on event day - this keeps everyone safer and reduces the organizing strain on busy CNOY charities.
- Cheques should be made out to Coldest Night of the Year and mailed directly to the CNOY Head Office for processing.
- Cash donations can be paid off with your credit card quickly and simply in Fundhub.
4. What if another covid wave hits hard?
If covid makes operating an in-person event unsafe or unworkable for any location partner or their participants, we'll convert it to Virtual-Only. The fundraising can continue as always - that's the point after all! - but everyone will instead walk either individually, in bubbles, or in teams as they are comfortable.
5. Is there a registration fee? (And, what about the toque?)
- CNOY is free to join! Everyone is welcome to register and support their local CNOY charity freely.
- Participants who raise a modest minimum will receive the CNOY toque as our thank you for fundraising! That minimum is $150 (adults 18+) or $75 (youth 17 and under).