The Top 5 Questions
As you might imagine, lots of people have questions about covid right now! Here are the 5 most common questions we're answering. To learn more, please check About the Event, take a look at some FAQ, or Contact us directly.
1. Is CNOY canceled or postponed?
No way! The Coldest Night of the Year will happen on Saturday, February 20, 2020. Circle that date!
2. Is there a virtual option for CNOY this year?
Yes, absolutely! This year, participants can choose how they’d like to walk and fundraise:
- Virtually: Either individually, or in their team bubbles, participants can choose to walk anytime in February on their own routes close to home.
- In-person: The majority of locations will be hosting a 100% outdoor event where we can come together to walk as a socially distant group on 2 km or 5 km routes. Brave the cold and safely celebrate your achievements together (covid-permitting)!
- Note: Some locations will be hosting a Virtual-Only walk with no In-Person option – please confirm your location's status.
3. How will the In-Person event work?
We've made some changes to make event day safe and fast while still being meaningful:
- Scheduled Walk Times: Walkers at In-Person events will now be able to schedule their walk times to comply with local limit-of-assembly rules.
- No 10km route: Walkers will choose either 2 or 5 km to keep the event shorter and volunteers safer.
- No Cash + Cheque Collection: Cash donations can be paid off in Fundhub, and cheques get sent directly to the CNOY Head Office. This is to ensure safe processing and speedier walker check-in.
4. What if this second wave hits hard?
If covid makes operating an In-Person event unsafe or unworkable for any location partner or their participants, we'll convert it to Virtual-Only. The fundraising can continue as always - that's the point after all! - but everyone will instead walk either individually, in bubbles, or in teams as they are comfortable.
5. Is there still a registration fee? (And, what about the toque?)
- The registration fee is no more! Everyone is welcome to register and support their local CNOY charity freely.
- This year, participants who raise a modest minimum will receive the CNOY toque as our thank you for fundraising! (That minimum is $150 for adults 18 and over, $75 for youth 17 and under.)