The Top 5 Questions
As you might imagine, lots of people have questions about covid right now! Here are the 5 most common questions we're answering. To learn more, please check About the Event, take a look at some FAQ, or Contact us directly.
1. Is CNOY canceled or postponed?
No way! The Coldest Night of the Year will happen on Saturday, February 20, 2020. Circle that date!
2. Is there a virtual option for CNOY this year?
Yes, absolutely! Participants will self-organize individually or in team bubbles selecting their own safe walk route near home at a time convenient for them.
- NOTE: A small number of locations will be hosting a 100% outdoor event where possible, coming together to walk as a socially distant group on 2 km or 5 km routes. **None in Ontario or Quebec as of Jan 15.
3. If everything is virtual what do I do with cash or cheques?
There’ll be no cash or cheque collection on event day this year - this will keep everyone safer, and reduce the organizing strain on busy CNOY charities:
- Cheques should be made out to Coldest Night of the Year and mailed directly to the CNOY Head Office for processing.
- Cash donations can be paid off online quickly and simply in Fundhub.
4. What if this second wave hits hard?
If covid makes operating an In-Person event unsafe or unworkable for any location partner or their participants, we'll convert it to Virtual-Only. The fundraising can continue as always - that's the point after all! - but everyone will instead walk either individually, in bubbles, or in teams as they are comfortable.
5. Is there still a registration fee? (And, what about the toque?)
- The registration fee is no more! Everyone is welcome to register and support their local CNOY charity freely.
- This year, participants who raise a modest minimum will receive the CNOY toque as our thank you for fundraising! (That minimum is $150 for adults 18 and over, $75 for youth 17 and under.)