About Our Cause
The Coldest Night of the Year is a moment when tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home and shine a light of welcome and inclusion.
Together, we're collecting donations that fund critical services at a local charity partner who serves and supports vulnerable families and individuals in our CNOY community.
- We walk through the cold and dark on February 23, 2019 to declare our concern for people who have no home, and take shelter in nooks and crannies.
- We walk for those whose days are a battle to house and feed their families, and whose nights are filled with fear and frustration.
- We walk for those driven from home by violence and abuse. And we walk for people overwhelmed by isolation, guilt and despair.
- We walk humbly, realizing that anyone can lose their footing and then lose everything else.
Each step we take brings someone closer to safety, health and home, as together, we raise funds for organizations whose commitment and work transforms peoples’ lives.
- Welcome people experiencing homelessness, providing respite from constant wandering, wondering and watching one's back.
- Nourish body and soul with food for all who need it and provided in a welcoming and dignified manner.
- Foster healing through counselling, mental health assistance and other connections.
- Support families at great risk of losing their housing, to prevent that downward descent.
- Provide safe shelter and support to women, children and youth fleeing violence at home.
- Help people find pathways to permanent housing, employment and futures.