About the Event
Join us on February 25, 2023!
The Coldest Night of the Year is a winterrific family-friendly walk to raise money for local charities serving people experiencing hurt, hunger, and homelessness. Team up, fundraise, walk, and gather for good... because it’s cold out there.
CNOY is a moment each year when tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home to shine a light of welcome and compassion in their communities. Since 2011, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised over $57,000,000 across Canada in 166 communities – 100% of net proceeds stay local to support our CNOY charity partners. Learn more about our history.
How to Participate
Select one of two fun ways to participate in 2023:
- Main Event: All CNOY locations will host an organized, in-person main event – complete with 2km + 5km signed routes, rest stops, volunteers, and snacks at the end.
- Offsite Walk: All CNOY locations will welcome offsite fundraisers who self-organize either with friends or individually, walking any day in February on a route they choose.
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Where: Chances are there is a CNOY location quite near you! If not, you can still walk and fundraise for your local charity offsite in your own community, wherever you are.
- What: Participants register to walk 2km + 5km, whether at a main event, or offsite with their team.
- Who: Everyone is welcome! CNOY is family-friendly – participants range in age from toddlers (with parents of course) to active seniors.
- How: Participants register online to set up their personal Fundhub page. It's easy to set your goal, add your photo message, and thank donors via email. Donors who give online are receipted within minutes of their secure gift of $20 or more.
- No Registration Fee: CNOY is 100% free to join! Everyone is welcome to come and fundraise for their local CNOY charity.
- Impact: By walking in the cold, you'll feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness during winter. By fundraising, you'll be contributing much-needed money to a charity in your town that is bringing hope and help to people in your community who need support.
Our thanks for a fundraising job well done!
When you go the extra mile and fundraise ($150 for adults, $75 for youth under 17 or under) we'll celebrate your efforts with an oh-so-comfy 2023 CNOY Toque.
Your safety comes first.
If the past few years have taught us anything, it’s that things can change quickly! Staffing challenges or covid-related health risks might complicate things. If provincial, municipal, or local restrictions take effect, we'll be ready to adjust and will communicate with you directly to keep you up to date.