About the Event
It's cold out there.
The Coldest Night of the Year is a covid-safe, family-friendly walk held on February 20, 2021 to raise money for charities serving people experiencing homelessness, hurt, and hunger.
Since 2011, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised over $33,500,000 in 149 communities across Canada. Read more about the history of CNOY.
Virtually the same (but different!)
Covid-related health risks and operational challenges won't permit us to assemble in large groups in most locations this year. So instead, we will gather together safely, self-organizing individually or in smaller, covid-friendly teams as permitted.
- Virtual Walk: Participants will self-organize individually or in team bubbles selecting their own safe walk route near home at a time convenient for them.
- Date: While we encourage everyone to walk on our national event day of February 20, virtual fundraisers can select any day in February to walk if they wish.
- No Registration Fee: The registration fee is no more! Everyone is welcome to come and support their local CNOY charity.
- Thank You Toques: This year, participants who raise a modest minimum will receive their own CNOY toque as our thank you for fundraising! ($150 for adults 18 and over, $75 for youth 17 and under)
- Cash + Cheques: There’ll be no cash or cheque collection on event day this year - this will keep everyone a little safer, and reduce the organizing strain on busy CNOY charities:
- Cheques should be made out to Coldest Night of the Year and mailed directly to the CNOY Head Office for processing.
- Cash donations can be paid off online quickly and simply in Fundhub.