About the Event
Join us on February 26, 2022!
The Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly fundraising walk held on February 26, 2022 that supports local charity partners who provide essential care and service for people experiencing homelessness, hunger, and other related vulnerabilities.
CNOY is a moment each year when tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home and shine a light of welcome and compassion in their communities. Remarkably, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised $43,500,000 in 149 communities across Canada since it began in 2011. Learn more about our history.
How to Participate
Select one of two fun ways to participate in 2022.
- In-Person Walk - most CNOY locations (COVID permitting), will host an organized, in-person event complete with 2km + 5km signed routes, rest stops, volunteers and snacks at the end.
- Virtual Walk - all CNOY locations will welcome virtual fundraisers who self-organize with friends or individually, walking any day in February on a route they choose.
- Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022.
- Where: Chances are there is a CNOY location quite near you but if not, you can still walk and fundraise virtually in your community.
- What: Participants register to walk 2km + 5km whether at an in-person event or virtually with their team or individually.
- Who: Everyone is welcome! CNOY is family-friendly and participants range in age from toddlers (with parents of course) to active seniors.
- How: Participants register online to set up their personal fundraising page. It's easy to set your goal, add your photo message, and of course, email (and thank) donors. Donors are receipted within minutes of their secure online gift of $20 or more.
- No Fee: CNOY is 100% free to join. Everyone is welcome to come and fundraise for their local CNOY charity.
- Impact: By walking in the cold, you'll feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness during winter. By fundraising, you'll be contributing much-needed money to a charity in your town that is bringing hope and help to people in your community who need support.
Our thank you for a fundraising job well done!
When you go the extra mile and fundraise ($150 for adults, $75 for youth under 17 or under) we'll celebrate your efforts with an oh-so-comfy 2022 CNOY Toque.
Your safety is no joke
If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that things can change quickly. Covid-related health risks and operational challenges may not permit us to assemble in large groups as planned. If provincial, municipal or district laws/guidelines restrict us we'll be ready to adjust quickly, communicate to you directly and help you gather safely in smaller, covid-friendly teams or walking individually.