Event Day Details
Save the date - Event Day is February 22, 2020!
The Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly walk that raises money for charities serving hungry, homeless, and hurting people in our community.
We're working on finalizing our Start location - check back soon!
Here's the schedule for Event Day:
- 5:15 pm: Walk begins (all distances)
- 6 pm: Registration closes
- 6 pm: Meal service begins
- 8 pm: Route closes, meal service ends
Yummy Food on Event Day:
Between 6:00 and 8:00 pm a warm, light meal will be served to all walkers and volunteers.
- Registration opens at 4:00 pm.
- All walkers must check-in at registration upon arrival.
- Check out the What to Bring section below.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ section!
- Children 0-10: Free to participate (but you'll need to raise $75 to earn a toque)
- Youth 11-17: Fundraise $75+ to earn your CNOY toque or pay the $25 registration fee
- Adult 18+: Fundraise $150+ to earn your CNOY toque or pay the $25 registration fee
- Route Distances: 2 km, 5 km, or 10 km walks.
- Rest stops are available on all routes.
- All routes will be well signed.
- Route marshals, rest stop attendants, and sweep vehicle drivers will provide support along the route.
- All walkers 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
What to Bring
- Cheques made out to Coldest Night of the Year and cash donations
- A completed Pledge Form or My Results Form if you’re bringing cash or cheques
- You're 17 years and under, or
- You didn’t sign up online before event day
- Good waterproof shoes/boots for walking
- A cell phone for emergencies (recommended but not required)
- Extra food or snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
- A passion for the charity you're walking for