The Coldest Night of the Year is a winterrific family-friendly walk in support of local charities serving people experiencing hurt, hunger, and homelessness. Join us on February 24, 2024 - team up, fundraise, walk, and take a moment to look closer... because it’s cold out there.
The CDCSS Board
Castlegar Youth Action Network (CYAN)
We improve the quality of people’s lives by providing assistance, counselling and support, and by working for social change in our communities.
We are committed to using these values as the foundation of our work.
- in working for social change and a healthy environment – that preventing problems is as important as addressing them;
- that diversity brings richness to society - that all persons should be treated equally and without prejudice;
- that all people should live free from violence;
- that when facilitating change, working from strengths is more effective than simply working on problems; and
- that our clients can reach their potential as vital members of the community.
In achieving our work, we will:
- provide our services in a manner that is client centered, timely, well-coordinated and in a friendly atmosphere;
- respect each person’s inherent dignity and his or her right to confidentiality and informed consent;
- work towards accessibility, reducing barriers to service and organizing services to meet the needs of a culturally diverse community; and
- work closely with other individuals and groups to achieve success – through forming networks, coalitions, partnerships and collaborating on a regional basis.